- Your ultra convenient link to Hollywood Glamour -

w w w . s o p h i e s c l o s e t . c o m
In a faraway land, there is a magical place called Sophie’s Closet. In this land, accessories roam free and there is plenty for everyone. Its founder Sophie is an ambassador for all sparkly things that women all over the world dream of...



Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Q&A with Meghna Patel, Meghna Designs

Green Quartz Ahalei Earrings (featured in Glamourai)

Only in her 2nd year as a jewellery designer and Meghna Patel's work has already landed in the pages of Vogue, Elle, and on our small screens, adorning the gorgeous stars of Gossip Girl. Originally from India, this US-based designer is inspired by her homeland, bringing us a colourful array of jewels that would brighten up anyone's day.

Circle of Life Earrings (featured on Gossip Girl)  

A few years ago you left your corporate job to focus on jewellery. What prompted make the big switch?
I was always inclined with fashion and art. I am a natural with art (drawing) and wanted to do something with fashion which I am passionate about. That's when I thought about launching my collection and designing jewellery.  

Your collection is inspired by the Taj Mahal -- what is it about its architecture that grabbed your attention?
India has so many marvelous monuments and the Taj Mahal is so intricately designed by great artisans, with amazing carvings -- I love that part.

 

Who is your ultimate style icon?
Blake Lively and Jessica Alba.

Growing up in India, you are attracted to bright, vivid colours. Do you have a favourite stone?
I love colours so it’s difficult to choose just one colour. I like creating unusual colour combinations that catches someone’s eye in my jewellery.

 
Saya Earrings (featured on Gossip Girl) 

What has been the proudest moment in your career so far?
I would definitely say being featured in Gossip Girl several times, my designs worn by Blake Lively and Kelly Rutherford -- it’s a great fashion forward show. Also being featured in magazines like VOGUE, ELLE, O and many more.

Describe Meghna jewellery in three words.
Bold, Beautiful and Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment